Earlier this year, Dovetail Games, the multi award-winning developer and publisher of a range of simulation games announced that it has agreed a partnership with flight simulation software publisher and developer Orbx Simulation Systems.
Friday Harbor for FSX: Steam Edition is optimised specifically for the Steam platform. This high-quality airport and scenery pack will feature an automatic installation process via Steam, making Friday Harbor your default starting location and will be completely self-contained without any dependencies on previous releases from Orbx. Friday Harbor will be available exclusively first to FSX: Steam Edition consumers.
A superb photo real edition, this DLC offers levels of detail you’ve never experienced before, taking the player to one of the most beautiful bush flying locations in the world, the San Juan Islands in the US Pacific Northwest. The islands’ main airport, KHFR Friday Harbor, has been accurately reproduced down to the tiniest detail, alongside nine other airfields. In addition, every grass strip and private airport on San Juan Island has also been given a full makeover giving you a wealth of locations to explore.
- Detailed ground imagery at 15cm per pixel for the airport
- Photo realistic representation of San Juan Island in 60cm per pixel
- Custom 5m-terrain mesh for the entire island
- Intricately modelled airport, marina and fishing village
- Animated people and vehicles around the airport
- 3D volumetric trees, grasses and vegetation
- Accurate shore watermasks
- Expert colour matching per season
- Optional custom autogen trees for improved authenticity
- Optional custom ground bump map for improved clarity
- Full DLC control panel app to customise player’s level of detail