Flight simmers rejoice! Acclaimed add-on developer A2A Simulations has finally landed in the Microsoft FSX: Steam Edition store. We are pleased to announce the release of their Piper J-3 Cub, complete with Accu-Sim functionality.
Few airplanes define “stick and rudder” more faithfully and distinctly than the Cub. Aeroncas, Taylorcrafts, Stinsons, Luscombes, Cessnas and all the rest are the heirs of the Cub, and as such, owe their very existence to their venerable predecessor.
Even if you have never actually seen a Cub in the flesh (and this is getting harder to do every year), and if airplanes are your thing, you have a good idea of what a Cub is all about. Perhaps the most important thing this little airplane will bring to you is honest, true-to-life stick-and-rudder flying, and after just flying it for a very short while, you will start to feel like a better virtual pilot.
A2A Piper J-3 Cub Features:
- As with every A2A aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out, down to the last rivet.
- Flying qualities built by pilots with unprecedented stall and spin realism.
- Includes standard J-3 Cub, Tundra tires, Floats, and Skis (nine liveries).
- Visual Real-Time Load Manager, with the ability to load fuel, oil, pilot, passenger, and cargo in game
- In cockpit pilot’s map for handy in-flight navigation
- All models include A2A specialized materials with authentic metal
- Accu-Sim physics creates an entirely new world including true wing, airframe, engine, ground, water, and internal systems behavior.
- Passenger On BoardTM adds a new dimension of piloting realism with an intelligent passenger that is aware of the surroundings, talks when appropriate, including being able to spot and call out traffic.
- Third generation Accu-Sound now allows for a direct connection to the Accu-Sim and FSX physics engine with airflow through the airframe, window, and door, structural creaks, bumps, jolts etc. with three hundred and ninety sounds in all.
- Piston combustion engine modeling. Air comes in, it mixes with fuel and ignites, parts move, heat up, and all work in harmony to produce the most accurate combustion engine simulation available.
- The engine has an actual life. Good piloting skills are rewarded with longer life and more reliable performance.
- New propeller physics means the propeller is constantly active and allows for both hand and air starting the engine.
- Ground physics realistically rock your wings and buck your tail. Regular tires, skis, and large tundra tires all have their own distinctive ground handling benefits and limitations. Each aircraft comes with its own sound set which is tied in with the physics of the airframe.
- Tundra tires demand respect for the size and weight of the larger tires. 3-point landing on tarmac is highly recommended.
- Water physics simulate waves, water drag, and creates an authentic “on the step” experience.
- Total audible cockpit experience made with professional recordings from three actual Piper J-3 aircraft.
- Fuel System allows for an authentic primer system with fuel in lines, tank, and authentic gravity-fed fuel-air mixture.
- Third generation engine wear and oil system including an engine that sputters, spits, and runs rough when damaged.
- Both engine and airframe physically vibrate and shake, based on real world conditions.
- Advanced carburetor icing modeling, which is critical for the proper management of the Continental A-65-8 engine.
Get on board with A2A Simulations and Dovetail Games by visiting the J-3 Cub Steam page here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/360080/
From the creators of the original FSX and Acceleration missions comes Air Alaska —the first release from TakeFlight Interactive, now available from the FSX: Steam Edition store. In this challenging, story-driven mission pack you will work your way up through the ranks of a quirky Alaskan air charter operation. This mission pack has been cleverly developed with with the A2A Cub in mind, and is available both separately or as part of a bundle.
Leave the comforts of home behind and head north as you challenge the wilderness while flying over incredible terrain, facing unexpected emergencies, and making harrowing rescues.
As you take the controls in five challenging missions, you will experience FSX: Steam Edition like never before. Highly interactive, authentic, and educational gameplay combine with cinematics, music, AI aircraft, and custom scenery to transport you into the world of an Alaskan bush pilot.
Hauling people and freight as a rookie new hire, you will get to know your co-workers (including Rosie the gossiping dispatcher and Martin the grumpy bush flying veteran). You’ll learn the tricks of the trade and become part of the team … and ultimately the hero.
A custom interface makes it easy to get started and immerse yourself in your new job – with an interactive map, custom briefings, automatic detection of usable add-on aircraft and more.
The only question that remains is this: Do you have what it takes to be a bush pilot?
- Custom User Interface – Launch missions from an interactive map to keep you in the experience
- Deep Interaction – Get feedback as you fly, learn how to make short field take-offs and landings from a professional flight instructor; over 350 lines of dialog included
- Mission Progression – Completion of each mission unlocks the next in the series
- A2A Cub Compatible – Designed for the A2A Simulations’ J-3 Cub with tundra tires (not required, but highly recommended)
- Cinematic Experience – Cut scenes complete with music increase sense of beauty, danger and accomplishment
- Custom Liveries – Air Alaska liveries for the default and A2A Cub included
TakeFlight Interactive’s Air Alaska mission pack can be found in our Steam store here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/364328/
If you fancy taking flight in the most immersive bush flying experience FSX: Steam Edition has to offer, you can get both A2A Simulations’ Accu Sim J-3 Cub and TakeFlight Interactive’s Air Alaska mission pack and save yourself some money in the meantime. Grab both of these fabulous add-ons for only £29.99($49.99) here: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/75740/