April showers being May showers, and May showers bring cloud cover, as any pilot knows. Now you can fly through some volumetric haze while staying nice and dry with the latest cloud package from FSX texture veterans REX.
REX Soft Clouds is a cloud texture add-on for FSX:Steam Edition, designed to give a realistic feel to clouds and recreate volumetric haze and fog.
- Better in-cloud lightning representation.
- 512 cloud textures, compiled into 16 full sets.
- A large, easy to read user-interface.
- Lightning-fast texture installation.
- Unique types of cloud base structures.
- Low/Mid-level 3D clouds, including Stratus, Cumulonimbus, Cumulus, Stratocumulus, Altostratus & Altocumulus.
REX Soft Clouds is tailored to low and high-end systems alike and is accessible through Steam via the Tools menu in the Steam client. In order to use Soft Clouds, first run the tool, set your preferences, then close the tool and run FSX: Steam Edition.
Click here to add REX Soft Clouds to your Steam collection today!
Please note REX Soft Clouds 4 will automatically install in your C Drive. Instructions for installing textures in alternate locations are as follows:
Instructions for installing the texture on machines with Steam outside of C:Program Files (x86):
1. Install and launch REX Soft Clouds as per normal.
2. Choose cloud texture as normal and install the texture.
3. Find the cloud installation (“C:Program Files (x86)Steam”).
5. Find the user install of Steam (for example located at “D:GamesSteam”).
4. Copy/Cut the “Steam” folder located at “C:Program Files (x86)Steam”.
6. Paste the “Steam” folder into “D:GamesSteam” and make sure to merge the folders.